Music & Other Stuff

Anything & everything to do with music and other stuff besides.

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Song Of The Day

I grew up listening to a pretty eclectic selection of music. My father played anything and everything at home, but mostly in the car and although I don'tremember paying too much attention to it at the time, I guess the reason I have such a diverse taste in music today, is because all that music ranging from 'Bread' to Supertramp and Dire Straits to name but a few, must of somehow lodged deeply into my sub-consious, in preparation for later in life.
Anyway, one of those many albums(Usually and generally recorded on a light grey TDK tape, as CD's were not even thought of then!)was Equinoxe by Jean Michel Jarre (The Godfather of ambient music).
It's yet another one of those albums that I have appreciated a lot more in my adulthood, but because of the aforementioned sub-consious, I immediately took to it. In particular, Equinoxe (Part 7), which is the longest track at just over 7 minutes, is quite simply an epic in my opininon, with it's continuous sweeping and swirling of synth sounds mixed in with a wonderful quirky and eerie-like undertow. This track like the rest of the tracks on Equinoxe would still give any modern artist today in the same genre as Jarre, a run for their money.

Song - Equinoxe (Part 7)
Artist - Jean Michel Jarre
Album - Equinoxe
Website - www.jeanmicheljarre.com

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes.. An worthy classic from the godfather of techno.. Rupes

October 24, 2006 12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home